I had not heard of the Rogue 2 paddle until I obtained the Rogue. When people saw me with it, their reaction was: Oh. I have the Rogue 2. If the Rogue is as good as the Rogue 2, you are going to love that paddle.
My understanding from talking with the people that had the Rogue 2 is that it is a control paddle, not a power paddle like some of the others I have. So, I went through my normal set of tests.
- Net play – very solid yet soft touch for dinking. Quite nice.
- Ground strokes – Not a blaster paddle, but strong enough. A bit more on that later.
- Serves – Because it is a control paddle, I was able to get more lift and more topspin on my serves, landing them deep and having them jump off the surface. Great paddle for serving.
- Spin – What I like about this paddle is that I can impart more topspin on my ground strokes even though they might not be as powerful as the strokes with my other paddles. Personally, I like driving the ball deep with spin and this paddle provides that capability.
- Two-handed backhand – the elongated handle makes it easy to hit a two-hander.
All in all, this is a great paddle at a reasonable price. It is suitable for all levels of player.
If you are interested, visit the GABA website here: https://gabapickleball.com/pages/rogue
The company is offering 10% off on the first purchase of a paddle.
You must be logged in to post a comment.